Do you have an event coming up and you are not sure what style of catering to go for? Consider barbecue catering. Whether you are planning an office end-of-year party or a birthday party or any other event, barbecue catering can be the ideal way to create an atmosphere of indulgence and bonhomie.
Top 5 Reasons to Consider BBQ Catering
- BBQ in Melbourne can be planned for any time of the year. Depending upon the weather, catering services will be able to plan menus and give your guests some mouthwatering food.
- It is perfect for creating a laid back environment, be it for a family get together or a corporate team building event. It can be planned for as less as six people and can also be arranged for guests numbering 100s.
- Barbeques provide a more sincilating memory, as the aroma of open fire cooking and charred vegetables just adds to the deliciousness of the event.
- Affordability is one of the major reasons to choose BBQ catering in Melbourne. It can be planned to fit into your budget by adding or removing exotic ingredients.
- It can be managed both as an outdoor buffet style event or a sit-down one.
How to make your BBQ event more interesting
- Don’t limit your choices to meat, add a whole lot of grilled, seasonal, veggies and fruits to the menu to make it season-appropriate.
- You can ask the caterers to spread the grills and service areas, so your guests can move around to sample foods. Your guests can be pulled in the direction of a meat grilling over open fire.
- Insist on the caterer using different marinades so as to offer a better variety to your guests.
- Encourage a more conversational and fun tone to the event by providing space for dancing and games.
What are the different options available for a BBQ catering
Apart from grilled meats and veggies, you can opt for hot and cold soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, are some of the popular options to choose from. Discuss wine pairings and other alcohol-based counters with the caterer. And, don’t forget the dessert. A grilled pineapple with pink salt is good, but a traditionally-baked chocolate cake served with style, will work just as well. Caterers today are innovative and let them share their ideas, who use local foods to create mouth-watering dishes.
Choosing a BBQ Catering Service in Melbourne
There are several catering service providers in Melbourne, and you need to do diligent research to choose one. Go in for a caterer or a chef with the experience to meet your individualistic needs.
Here’s how to choose:
- Decide on your budget. Overspending on catering does not make sense, as you have other things to spend on apart from the food.
- Know what your guests would love to eat. At company events, keep allergies and religious taboos in mind.
- Ask the caterer for a menu and a tasting. Tasting will give you a fair idea of the quality served.
- Read reviews or if possible interact with former customers and find out how the caterer performed under pressure.