Psoriasis is a non-infectious, lingering skin situation that develops thickening, layering of skin. The dry layers of skin result from the extreme fast multiplication of skin cells. The increase of skin molecules is hastened by provoked chemicals developed by mainly white blood cells called T-lymphocytes.
Symptoms of Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis has a rapid onset of groups of small bumps filled with pus.
- Patients are regularly ill and may have a fever.
- They have fungal and yeast infections.
- Sometimes it will cause allergic succession or bacterial infections.
- Psoriasis treatment can be done from steroids which include in the form of foams, emollient, creams, gels, sprays, and liquid.
- They come in various prompt.
- Even lactic acid and salicylic acid that has Vaseline as well as Crisco herb shortening will decrease the dry appearance of psoriasis.
- Coal tar is available for different products including shampoos, and bath solutions. Skin colors changing are less accepted.
- Oral medicines are beneficial for some types of psoriasis but not for all.
Vitiligo is a skin problem where patches of skin remove their color. The total area of skin will get affected. It will affect the eyes, mouth, and the hair too. The area affected by this disease will be more effective in sunlight.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- In this disease, the areas affected are more prone to sunlight.
- It is unpredictable to say about the spreading of patches.
Vitiligo treatment will help in decreasing the visibility of the patches. Some are:
- Applying Sunscreen:
The dimmer patches of skin are more prone to sunlight and can easily remove.
- Use Of Ultraviolet Light:
If these patches are exposed towards ultraviolet lamps, then there have been some charges of cure. Small lamps are more effective. It will have the positive effect on Vitiligo patients. This treatment will fully re-pigment the skin.
If the affected area is widely spread and covers 50 percent of the body or more is suffered, de-pigmentation is also a good alternative. This type of treatment decreases the skin color in the unaffected parts. This will bring the same color of skin other parts.
- Skin Camouflage:
If the patient is suffering from mild Vitiligo, the patients can use creams and makeup. They need to select tones that will complement their skin color.
If this makeup is applied correctly, then it will be work for 12-18 hours on the face.
There are varieties of steroids that can stop the spreading of patches. It is suggested not to apply them on the face without doctor’s concern.
It is better to take precautions if one is affected by psoriasis and Vitiligo.