We all know cancer is a complicated disease. There are many people around the world, fighting against cancer every day. Cancer can be of many types! Let’s talk about one of the most frequent one – colon cancer, the cancer of the large intestine. Many medicines are available to treat or fight against such cancer, but medications depend on the type and since how long it prevails. Medicines like- Avastin 400 mg, is well known to treat colon or rectal cancer.
Colon cancer first develops as polyps. These are the abnormal growth in the colon and may further become cancerous, if not removed. According to a medical survey, colon cancer is the third most common type of cancer both in men and women. With the use of colonoscopies and fecal blood tests, death-rate has eventually decreased.
Before considering any medicine for this purpose, it is better to get yourself examine with a reputed doctor. Now, let’s look at the symptoms.
- Rectum bleeding or blood in the stool.
- Black stool, which is very common in such cases.
- Low-level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Loss of consciousness, dizziness, weight-loss, fatigue.
- Insufficient bowel movement, constipation, diarrhea.
- Bowel obstruction, which usually happens if the tumor is large and does not allow colon functioning.
If you notice any such symptoms, you should never leave them unnoticed. If these symptoms exist for more than two weeks, then you should consult your doctor immediately.
Treatment and Diagnosis:
Cancer can be cured if treated on time. Early diagnosis of the symptoms can help achieve full recovery from the disease. After looking at these symptoms, doctors recommend the person undergo a series of medical tests, such as:
- Stool, blood, and urine tests.
- Fecal occult blood testing (FOBT).
- Anti-contrast barium enema which is followed by the X-ray procedure.
- Physical or digital rectal exam.
- Colonoscopy test, which is done with sedative medications and shows what is happening inside the colon.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy, which is needed to examine the rectum and the lower parts of the colon.
- Computer colonography.
Once you are diagnosed with the colon cancer, you should look for the treatments available. These treatments are:
- Surgeries, which helps in removing the affected part of the colon.
- Chemotherapy, which helps in preventing the advanced development of the disease, in case the tumor has affected the lymph nodes.
- Radioactive treatment, which is useful in the treatment of rectal cancer. The procedure is not effective in treating colon cancer though.
Apart from these treatments, there are certain medications available to treat the symptoms of colon cancer. Medicines such as Avastin 400 mg, is highly recommended by doctors. Avastin 400mg not only treats the symptoms of colon or rectal cancer, but also helps in the treatment of other diseases like brain, kidney, ovarian, and cervical cancer. The drug blocks certain proteins, thereby decreasing blood supply to the tumor, and slows down the growth. But before taking any medicine, you should consult your doctor first, as there can be certain side effects to it. Also, you cannot buy these medicines without a proper subscription.